there was a train strike from Thursday 9pm to Friday 9pm that put a damper on my travelisng situation. so i just decided to stay in perugia and explore.
thursday night i went to a bar to see my friend lauren sing with two american guys we met a couple weeks ago. it was fun and good to see a concert for the first time since the states.
friday I went to the local archaeology museum that had a bunch of cool artifacts from all the way back in the 6th cent BCE. also most of the stuff they had there had been found in perugia. it was a good size place and i was the only one in there for a while. i got scared in one room when i entered because the lights all of sudden came on when i entered.

the courtyard of the museum

funerary urns from the museum
saturday I took a day trip by myself to cortona. its a small tuscan town about 45 min by train away from perugia. you may have heard of it from the movie and book "Under the Tuscan Sun". what I didnt know is that the train station was at the bottom of the hill and the town was on top, so I had to figure out how to get up there. once I made it up, I went to a museum, ate the best panino i have had here, just chilled in the city. it was fun going and navigating an italian town by myself.

view from Cortona
then sunday lauren, jackson, and I went on a walking tour of Perugia. jackson led since he had lived here for 5 months. i finished taking my photos for my class and we went to a photograhpy exhibit put on by the city. it was really cool because they had b&w pictures of the city from 1900. so I was able to see places that I walk by everyday from 1900. we also were walking by a house when we heard a women yelling and breaking stuff. it was kind of funny.
this is my last week in perugia. I have a final assignment due in photography and a final in food on thursday. after the final we are having a party and then on friday all the art students are putting on a show. so my photographs will be dispalyed for my fellow students. then saturday I will go to Rome by train and start my second program.
everyone is talking about going home to the US and is making me think that. but then I remember that I'm staying here for 4 more weeks. Thanks for eveyone who reads this and I miss yall!
Ciao ragazzi!
some of my photos from my photography class taken with my digital camera (so not good quality)
http://utexas.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2281438&l=6cab5&id=7905232
photos from the weekend:
http://utexas.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2284846&l=90ff8&id=7905232

No comments:
Post a Comment