In terms of class, I have taken two rolls of film and will learn to develop it today. Also in my food cultures class I gave a presentation and we learned about wine and wine tasting.
On Friday my roommates and I decided to go to Florence for the weekend. We hopped on the train and got there Friday night. While on the train we ran into some people from our program from TCU (shout out to LoNix). When we got to Florence we started looking for a hotel/hostel since we didnt book one in advance. On the third try it worked out.
So on Saturday we went to the Piazza della Signoria which has a bunch of statues including the fake David. They were great.


Then we went to the Medici Chapel, but unfortunately no cameras were allowed so I have no pics. But it was amazing! There are three parts: the crypt, the Chapel of the Princes, and the New Sacristy. Walking into the Chapel was breathtaking. The high ceiling and dome and murals and everything in there was surreal. If you can look up pics of the chapel and the sacristy - they were great.
Well I gotta go to class, but I will update later about the rest of the weekend. Ciao.

No comments:
Post a Comment